Monday, May 24, 2010

Cooking and Gardening

I have just come out of another slump on the road of life. I've been pretty tired and indolent the last few days. Thankfully, my energy seems to have returned to me today, and I am boiling chicken stock with fresh thyme and it smells wonderful. I'm about to attend to the wilting blueberry plants that someone haphazardly threw into the dirt in front of our window.

This house is a vortex. It requires so much of us! Whenever I set something down, it disappears. Order tends to disorder: I want to write this above the front door. I wash dishes, and magically, a new pile appears. I think we should stop catering to the needs of this house. It's like a spoiled child. I think, yes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but the wheel that squeaks too often should be replaced.

1:20pm. I can't guess where the hours have gone. I'm not complaining---truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

M is for Margaret, who was swept out to sea...