Wednesday, April 7, 2010

You saw her bathing on the roof, her beauty in the moonlight overthrew you...

She tied you to her kitchen chair,
she broke your throne and she cut your hair,
and from your lips she drew the 'Hallelujah'!

It's raining today. I suppose I should remember that I'm in Olympia. It rained yesterday, and it will probably rain tomorrow.

Luckily, I love the rain. Today was particularly poetic--the smell of wet, cut grass, and a slight breeze to carry me to my morning class.

I'm terribly anemic again. I need some cast-iron-skillet-fried-eggs or a piece of steak. My skin is as pale as Marla Singer's and my eyes just as shadowed. I look like a drug addict, and yesterday, I felt like one. I collapsed on my bed and thought I was going to die right there. I've never felt that bad before, and I hope it never happens again. You know what's scary about dying? You can't stop yourself from doing it! It's not a matter of will power. It just...happens.

My classes here are exhausting me with their barren simplicity and pointed jabs at things that I am, things that I think.

I saw a sad picture today. I'm a vehement abortion foe, but this picture was of a woman holding a sign which read, "How many unwanted babies have you adopted lately?" I guess it just made me think. Self-righteousness is one of those things that easily infects the mind, but when it all comes down to it, none of us are never as good as we think we are.

Well, that's enough from me. I'm going to the library.

TTFN





No comments:

Post a Comment

M is for Margaret, who was swept out to sea...