Monday, October 19, 2009

Why do you let me stay here...

all by myself?

Why don't you come and play here?
I'm just sitting on the shelf.

Why don't you sit right down and stay awhile?
We like the same things and I like your style--
It's not a secret; why do you keep it?
I'm just sitting on the shelf.

I've got to get your presence,
let's make it known!
I think you're just so pleasant,
I would like you for my own.

Why don't you sit right down and make me smile?
You make me feel like I am just a child.
Why do you end it?
Just give me credit!
I'm just sitting on the shelf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtVh8kVZ_XM&feature=related

4 comments:

  1. I would love to learn that whole dance, and then go do it at the mall or something...
    Hmm..this Christmas..
    Though you and Matt would do it...not me..sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read the best sad poem ever...it goes:

    The little dog is covered with dust,
    but sturdy and staunch he stands;
    The little toy soldier is red with rust,
    and his musket moulds in his hands.
    Time was when the little toy dog was new,
    and the soldier was passing fair;
    and that was the time when our Little Boy Blue
    kissed them and put them there.

    "Now dont go till i come," he said,
    "And dont you make any noise!"
    So toddling off to his trundle-bed,
    he dreamt of pretty toys.
    And as he was dreaming, an angel song
    awakened our Little Boy Blue,--
    Oh! the years are many, and the years are long,
    but our little toy friends are true!

    Ay, faithful to the Little Boy Blue they stand,
    each in the same old place,
    awaiting the touch of a little hand,
    the smile of a little face;
    And they wonder, as waiting the long years through,
    in the dust of that little chair,
    What has become of our Little Boy Blue
    since he kissed and put them there.

    ReplyDelete

M is for Margaret, who was swept out to sea...