Friday, March 27, 2009

The Music of the Night

So there I was---lying in bed---maybe 15 minutes ago?
Listening to the music of the night...
But I cannot sleep, so here I am.

"Turn your face away from the garish light of day,
turn your thoughts away from cold, unfeeling light...
and listen to the music of the night.
Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams,
purge your thoughts of the life you knew before.
Close your eyes...let your spirit start to soar...
And you'll live, as you've never lived before."

I went to an opera tonight, and although aimed for smaller audiences (Cinderella), I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

"Let your mind start a journey to a strange, new world,
Leave all thoughts of the life you knew before.
Let your soul take you where you long to be!!!
Only then...can you belong to me..."

I am. Sad. and Confused.
But. Full. Of. Hope. For. The. Future.

tomorrow i must awaken early and volunteer at the children's museum---but THEN
i get to visit a professional opera instructor for a consultation---which is very exciting!

"Help me make the music of the night..."

Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking . .. are you an insomniac? I remember what you told me about how late you stay up, and I don't want you to hurt yourself. I know I sound like some knitting nun, but maybe you should try knitting to fall asleep. However, you also said that your best comes at night. (me too!) :) I am so excited for you! good luck tomorrow!
    Also, I'm glad you enjoyed cinderella. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think I classify as an insomniac. Haha, but don't worry---I sleep in the mornings to make up for it...haha
    Knitting---hmm, it doesn't work for me, because I'll start to doze off but be like, "NO! ONE...MORE...ROW!" all night long. hahahah

    ReplyDelete

M is for Margaret, who was swept out to sea...