Sunday, February 15, 2009

Poisoned

The quiet line
of broken people
waiting
grows steadily longer.
"What are you waiting for?"
I ask the woman closest to me.
She doesn't even glance at me,
her empty eyes staring blankly at nothing.
"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?"
I hear myself scream into the sky
which is now as red as blood.
I grab the woman's shoulders
and shake her,
but as I stare into her face,
I realize she's melting.
The entire line is morphing
into animals,
which are shown into slaughterhouses
at the end of the line.
I turn to run,
but the mud holds me like glue...

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh! It's like raiders of the lost ark all over again! AHHHHHHHH! run away! run away! Sorry. I'm a little off today.

    How are you! I see your makeover. nice. nubot. cuban yubo spubeak ubububi dubububi? wube cubould tubype ubit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aubh, Iub cuban!! Iubt's aub rubequirement oubf tubhe F.ubB.I....hubeheheh.
    Nubow nubobody cuban rubead wubhat wube aubre subaying. Tubee-hee.

    ReplyDelete

M is for Margaret, who was swept out to sea...